Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Way more pictures than any of you would like to see

My sister couldn't have said it better on her blog: "This one week a year makes life worth living." The Gibb reunions are nothing but chaos and a bunch of undecided people who want nothing but food and good company. I miss you all already and can't wait for next year!!!

Here is "Fat City" the lodge a bunch of us stayed in. There are about 98 of us, so we are all scattered around different homes. This place had 12 bedrooms! Loved it.



































The greatest parade on earth. It's about 5 minutes long and it actually turns around and comes back for another round.























Beef and beans at the park. I don't think I've ever had so much jello salad in my life. I'm gonna go ahead and say Utah ain't the jello capitol of the world....it's Hillspring.


















I couldn't have asked for a better traveler at night, but Cooper woke up a lot during the night on the way there. As a result, he was like this most of the first day. Then after his 4 hour nap that day, he was ready to party the rest of the week.























Cliff jumping. I was so proud of my brother Carson. He's only 9 and jumped off that 40 foot bridge! He and Brad were the only ones that jumped.























Raymond parade. But this picture has nothing to do with the parade. Just us. I finally got a point and shoot camera for easy access and I went nuts with the "take your own head shot"


















My favorite...Waterton! He had a weenie roast. Notice what Dave put in front of Cooper to eat? About 5 pounds of chips.



















































































Me and Tracie all big and pregnant...mocking maternity pictures. How are those gankles Tracie? I can't wait for mine to swell up to the size of tree trunks....it's so fun.


































The drive home. We're a hideous bunch of freaks. We got bored waiting at the border for an hour.


















We miss you....our home and native land.

13 comments:

Allie said...

just one comment: Love you bangs

Anonymous said...

stacie love the pictures. i'm glad someone got some cause i'm in no mood lately to take any. and the gankles are better. still big but not as bad. miss you guys!!!!
love tracie

Anonymous said...

oh and one other thing...we never set up a blog for me. maybe next year....

Wallace Family said...

love love love the bangs. when did you cut them?

Janette said...

Looks like it was a blast. by-th-way, you look awesome pregnant!

Jordan said...

Stacie,

I have never been to Hillspring, but I'm totally convinced from you and Melissa that it is the greatest place on earth. I'm really glad that family reunion never disappoints.

And no one makes a face like you do in that last picture. Hilarious.

melissa said...

Sterm, i'm literally getting "canada-sick". Seeing all those pics make me want to curl up in a ball and listen to Secondhand Seranade! Gosh dang it, why does it have to end!!? Loved the post, your pics are impossible to beat:). Sure love ya, and jordan, we've started mentioning in our prayers that you and jaclyn will someday marry so you can come to the first of July and live your life to the fullest! You would fit in unbelievably perfect!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Dang it, I really was thinking that i loved your bangs, but everyone beat me to the punch in your comments; I promise I was thinking that in all the pics. I'm glad you had fun. Parades, although so lame and gay, they just make me so giddy and happy. Hope to see you soon sometime.

Anonymous said...

That place looks amazing. What a beautiful place to have a family gathering.

Tracy Elder said...

Nice Bangs Stace.

You're a goofy bunch. Looks like Utarrr brings out the best in you guys.

the fellers said...

I just peed my pants at that last pic! I am so sad it is all over, it is like CHristmas or my wedding, we get all excited, and do so much to get here, and then BANG, it is over, sad day!

Unknown said...

You gotta love the family reunions. I know ever one has already commented about the bangs but I think you look fabulous in them too. I've been wanting bangs for awhile and John won't let me get them so maybe this will help.

Lori B said...

You are so freaking cute. I wish I could be cute and stylish while with child. (That's not an announcement, just a dread). I'm so excited for Cooper to have a "Grill" (that's what Brinley's little friend calls girls, I love it.

Looks like you guys had fun. Even though we've only been in Montreal so we don't really know what it's like, we really like Canada. Hope to get up farther one day.