Thursday, July 31, 2008

California, rest in peace

Dang it, we miss that place. When we drove in to Newport we immediately got sad that we don't live there anymore. It was so great seeing our friends and ward that we miss so much. But when we got back to South Jordan after a long drive, it was good to be home. Don't worry, we are already scheming plans on how we can move back some day :) Basically it involves us making a whole lotta money. Hmmmm......

Anyway, here are a thousand pictures from our trip. We tried to hit the beach as much as possible. Did some shopping. Went out to eat. Celebrated Tino's 2nd birthday (Cooper's best little bud who lives in our old apt complex) We had so much fun, I'm so happy we have nothing but fantastic memories from living there. Best 3 1/2 years of our lives.

IMG_1232 copy

IMG_1252 copy
IMG_1256 copy
IMG_1236 copy
Kristen and Tino
IMG_1247 copy
Amy and Eden
IMG_1264 copy
IMG_1269 copy
IMG_0375 copy
Fashion Island and dinner with Larisa, Kristen and Tino
IMG_0358 copy
IMG_0364 copy
IMG_0368 copy
Ok, I LOVE this picture because while we were eating dinner (at our fave mexican place down there El Ranchito) Tino laughed non-stop at Cooper. I kid you not, he didn't stop belly laughing at him the entire time we were eating. Cooper laughed a bit, but just kept eating like it was nobody's business. It was so funny. We miss them!
IMG_0380 copy

IMG_0389 copy
IMG_0384 copy
We were able to be there for Tino's 2nd birthday. It was kind of the highlight of the trip cause we were able to see all our old neighbors and friends. And eat lots of good food...and possibly the best white cake I've ever eaten in my life.
IMG_1290 copy
IMG_1278 copy
IMG_1295 copy
IMG_1309 copy
IMG_1298 copy
IMG_1390 copy
IMG_1333 copy
IMG_1328 copy
IMG_1304 copy
IMG_1404 copy
IMG_1409 copy
Before church on Sunday. It was so great to see all our friends from the ward.
IMG_1446 copy

Sorry for the picture overload, I know these don't mean anything to the people not in them. But each one is a memory from our trip and I want to remember everything!
We miss you California!

18 comments:

us said...

Those pics are soo cute!~!! Dang, why do we get stuck with the brine shrimp and the Great Salt Lake. I wish we had the beach!

Mark and Meghan said...

stacie, i loved reading this post, because i miss california sooo much too! looks like you packed it all in! love your photography, the colors are so vibrant...(do you photoshop them before you post them? because that's what it looks like, they're so great!)

The Lunds said...

Looks like a blast but if you move back, we won't have 2 toeheads at the pool anymore! Your pictures are so clear and amazing. Seriously, what kind of camera do you have?

Mr. Feller said...

ok, you are so cute! I promise if I ever look that good when I am pregnant, I will climb to the highest mountain and shout happy shouts out loud....haha, I am seriously going to pee my pants laughing at how stupid the last sentence was...oh well! haha....you are so fetching cute! I love Coop! WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN! Oh...this is Vinnie not Shonners

The Lunds said...

I have a canon rebel too but it's not digital and it's killing me! I have a digital camera that I use often but it's just a little snapshot camera. I also am trying to get some computer gurus to put photoshop on my mac. I love photography though, it's so fun!

Ashley said...

Stacie, I cannot get over how all of your pictures, snap shots or poses look so good! I need to get me a nice camera!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures...except the one of my butt...! I had a great time with you guys, come back soon!

melissa said...

Stace, even though i'm sitting at your computer right now, i still couldnt help but comment on your insane kid pictures!! just please let me know when you start your studio so i can answer all your phone calls and file your paper work! We missed you but i'm glad you had a stinkin blast!!

Jeff and Mallory said...

Looks like fun! But we are glad that you live here now!

John and Erin said...

Love the title... you're hilarious!

Aaron and Jessie said...

Oh Stacie that makes me miss California too even though I have never lived there I can just tell that I want to or some place like it - Hawaii maybe. So, I totally miss you guys and wish with all my heart that I could just move our house and little neighborhood area up to So Jo, because those are the 2 things I love about Sierra Vista. I really am missing family and friends. You just keep those picture overload posts coming because I promise you need to be a photographer, I'm really mad I never let you do a little photo shoot on my girls. I love how you capture the moments. You are good! love and miss ya!

Tiffany said...

Wow, I haven't commented on here in a long time now :) but I must say your pictures are looking AMAZING!! You are better than ever honestly! What ya doin' different they look extremely sharp and the colors are amazing! Are you using different actions or a different lens or what girl? Anyways they look awesome and we're headed to Oceanside, CA this week and I would love to know how you got such great pics in the bright sun? They really do look great! If you don't mind sharing anyway .... e-mail me tdrury14@yahoo.com (I made my blog private e-mail me I'll send you an invite) Anyway, they look awesome you are talented girl!!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I love the pic of just your family and all of your dazzling blue eyes! Hope that didn't sound creepy! Man, SoCal looks like so much fun!

Dan and Sherri Overton said...

I am so sad we missed you! But we will hang out one of these days! I am on my way over to Tracy's but I just finished Breaking Dawn and had to tell you it was AMAZING!!!!! Read it fast then we can talk!

Dan and Sherri Overton said...

I am so sad we missed you! But we will hang out one of these days! I am on my way over to Tracy's but I just finished Breaking Dawn and had to tell you it was AMAZING!!!!! Read it fast then we can talk!

Janette said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Like everyone has mentioned in the post... the pictures you took are awesome. I have been getting into photography because I hate all the pics I get from kiddie Kandids. I have a lot to learn though. By-the-way, you look great being pregnant! good luck with everything

Anonymous said...

Love love that entry and all the pix. How frickin' cute is that Eden?! I want to eat all those little round faces. Can't believe how big all the li'l kids have gotten.

Trent and Megan said...

What a CUTE little boy! Congratulations on the other little one! We were due yesterday and still no luck...so we are just waiting! We just barely started our blog, so we are kinda new at this, but I think we are getting the hang of it! Hope to see you soon!