Monday, August 18, 2008

19 months down, 1 more to go

Sometimes it feels like I've been preg forever, but other times I can't believe it's gone by so fast. I know this last month will fly, only because I feel totally unprepared in every way. All well....when do you ever feel ready for a baby? I just can't wait to hold that sweet girl in my arms for the first time, and experience that un-explainable feeling of love and joy you have when you have a baby.

On the other hand, I feel clueless in the girl section at any store. I don't know what to buy.....dresses, skirts, cardigans, shoes? There are too many cute options. Shopping for Cooper was beyond easy. One or two pairs of shorts and some t-shirts and he's set. On saturday, I stood at old navy for well over an hour just staring at everything, chewing on my lip, not knowing what to buy. No worries, I'm sure it will become easier ;)

Well it appears we officially have a "big boy" in the house. We got Cooper moved into a bed so that "she" can take over his crib. He thinks it's the bomb....to say the least. Take a look at the first night we set it up. And please forgive the bad photos. They were taken with my point and shoot, and Cooper insisted on taking the photos with the lights off, so most of the pictures are way off.
IMG_0399

IMG_0407
IMG_0408
IMG_0404
IMG_0403
He jumped for appr. 45 minutes on his bed while singing "ring around the rosies" It was hilarious. And good news, he's been sleeping great since he moved in! He adapted like a champ. Phew...

We've been enjoying our last days of summer...I'm sad it's almost over. We've been taking advantage of the pool as much as possible. Although, I have learned that pregnancy and sunlight aren't a good combo. I'm just trying to enjoy my time with Cooper before our lives completely change in a month. I hope his mellow little personality sticks around after the baby comes...that would sure help me out. I know things are bound to change though...lets' just hope I can stay sane!

15 comments:

Allie said...

I can't believe you are that close to having little Sharon. I am excited for you and please let me come shopping with you because for some reason, I am really good at spending 300 dollars in 3 minutes in the baby girl sections. I can get that closet of hers filled in no time.

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

I'm sure my husband wishes I had a problem shopping for my little girl. I love the Quicksilver bedding by the way, it's totally you!

the fellers said...

yay for a big boy bed....I am glad it was easy for you guys....Scoty did well with it too, and hasnt even looked back at his crib...just to try and get sister....when are we going to do the computer thing? And freak Stac...I am so excited about Labor Day!! Woot Woot!

Jeff and Mallory said...

I am sure you will be fine with a little girl cause you always look so cute. And Cooper is super cute, I am glad he is doing good with the change!

McArthur Family said...

He looks like hes going to be a hardcore party animal just like Dave was when he lived at Raintree. You better watch out for that kid looks like you got your hands full.

Janette said...

How exciting for you that your pregnancy is wrapping up. Cooper is so cute and I am glad he loves his new bed!

McArthur Family said...

I feel like I should explain Nate's randomness (popping up comments on your blog when it has been YEARS), but I guess you know as well as I do...Nate is random. Never changed. Congrats on the past 5+ years of your lives! Turns out we live pretty close to you. Just south in a subdivision called Canyonview. Glad we "found" you in this ever growing blog world.
-JoAnn

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Stacie, it was really great meeting you of all places too (Lagoon!) I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out at dinner. I hope you had a fun day, we sure did. Hopefully we can catch up soon. Congrats on the new soon arrival of your little girl. Good Luck!

The Lunds said...

His bed and bedding is so stinkin awesome. I love it. We jsut did the whole bed thing last week and so far, so good. Good luck, I noticed you only have about 32 days to go. That's extremely nice.

Melissa said...

What a darling blog!! You are a great scrapbooker, I'm impressed with your slide show. You are soooo smart for getting Cooper transitioned into a big boy bed NOW before baby arrives. It was so fun to see you last night, you are adorable pregnant. Any idea what you're going to name this baby girl??

John and Erin said...

I love how excited he was for his big boy bed. Way cute. Oh stacey I can't wait to see your little girl. Too bad I will have to wait forever because when I finally moved to Cali you moved home. I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see pics.

The Ceder House's said...

I can't believe that you are due so soon! Time flies. I am jealous that you get to pick out little girl clothes- I would have problems picking them out too... there is just too much cute stuff out there.

TC Jolley said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize you were so close to having that little girl! I'm excited for you. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Stacie - i LOVE how much emotion i just saw from cooper in those pictures. more than i have ever seen. but ummm...where am i goingt to stay next time i go down and visit???
LESLIE NISH

Robin said...

Stacie Freakin Weidner...It's me long lost Robin Salas (Adlong). And I was just thinking about how we now live in the same place and you have to go and move on me! SO not fair! Well at least I found your blog and I bet you're having your baby right now since you haven't posted in a while. Anyways lets keep in touch and PLEASE email me or something when you come to Cali again (i live in yorba linda now). PS YOu know I had a little boy right?!