Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm gettin there

I think it's safe to say I'm getting used to this two-kids thing. Now that the "after birth" crud is over (pains, aches, complete sleep deprivation, deer in headlights mentality, etc etc) I'm getting used to the every day routine. Reese's calm temperament has definitely made life easier on me. The funny thing is I feel way less stressed with two then I did with one. Only because Cooper never slept in the day and was totally fussy all the time. Life is definitely more busy and crazy, but I seem to be handling it better.
And can I just add the last 3 nights have finally been so much better. She is waking up twice to eat and will go right back to sleep...thank the high heavens. Before she just stayed up all the live long night. I have hope now, and my eyes don't feel bruised anymore :)

Cooper has been so sweet, giving her kisses and "huggies" every chance he gets. He touches her head so gently and puts his face to hers. It always melts my heart.
IMG_1882 copy
Our sweet little angel
Rich Vintage Glaze copy
Reese received a package in the mail the other day from our dear friend, Larisa. I must say, people, every baby needs to own these socks!!
IMG_1866 copy
The are so stinking cute I can't handle it. It seemed like all the babies had them in california, I always wanted them! So thank you Larisa...we love them!
(If anyone is curious, they are called trumpettes)
IMG_1858 copy
She is so alert now...just taking everything in
IMG_1835 copy
Aaaahhhh...fall time. I have just decided it's my favorite time of year. I totally copied a neighbor with this idea, but look how cute these pumpkins are!! A little black glitter and ribbon, and my pumpkins are totally jazzed up.
IMG_1925 copy
And we finally got something to go on our naked porch...some cute black rockers. I know, I know, you'll see these on like every 4th house in Daybreak, but I love them and they compliment our house well.
IMG_1914
Happy fall everyone!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacie, Dave, Coop, and welcome Reese!! Chris told me you'd had your baby and I figured the best way to see her was to stalk you on your blog...and you did not disappoint. What a beautiful baby! Congrats, guys. Hope everything is well. Stac, give me a call sometime if you've got a minute to catch up.
Love, Sara

Mark and Meghan said...

reese is beautiful...i love her eyes. i'm happy that cooper is so sweet with her...that makes a difference! love the socks, claire had the mary jane ones. it helps when shoes don't really fit yet!

the pumpkins are adorable and love the black rockers! can't believe you're up to decorating after just having a baby!

John and Erin said...

She is darling! She looks just like Cooper. I need some photo lessons from you because you're pics always look stunning. And I love the rockers. How fun is that. I can't wait to have a house and not be paying a fortune down the drain.

the fellers said...

so cute! I love those socks! I am so glad for you that she is such a great baby! You deserve it! I am glad you are adjusting well! I want to meet her so bad!

Jeff and Mallory said...

SO Cute! I love the socks! And your pumpkins are so cute, great idea!

Tracy Elder said...

Oh my gosh!! I just love that pic where she is looking up at the camera. SO CUTE!!! At first, she looked exactly like Cooper. Now she looks totally different. Of course, cute. Like a girl. So happy for you Stace!

Your pumpkins look awesome too! Mind if I copy you? I still gotta pick some up first.

Miss your faces :)

Ashley said...

Reese is absolutly amazing! She is so perfect! (I'm only slightly miffed at her middle name. Are you trying to win Grandma over? We were there first! HA!) Anyway, she is just beautiful. Congrats!

The Bishops said...

Those pictures are soooo cute!! Cooper looks like he really does love baby Reese! What a good big brother! I agree on the trumpettes!! Love you guys, hope all is well!!

Ashley said...

They will be best cousins! Of course I wasn't serious about being mad! I hope that you weren't really nervous because of me!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

So Reece looks just like Cooper... and you... and Dave... she really had no choice did she! Glad things are going so well!
And I love your decor. You rock!

the fellers said...

HEY! Yeah, it was a fun b-day bash, but his b-day isnt until next Tuesday, the 21st! We had a lot of fun with Angie and Gavin! We were going to come and see you Saturday night...we went and ate at the Cheesecake Factory...but then we had a 2 1/2 hour wait, and we didnt get done until late, and then our plans got all messed up...we had to go grocery shopping and stuff...but we talked about it a few times, and we all really wanted to come and see you! I want to meet Reese so stinkin bad...she is so cute!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Stacie! She is gorgeous and looks just like you...

Robin said...

So stinking cute! Stacie-you must be a supermom:Diego still sometimes wakes up twice a night--lucky you--only weeks old and your baby sleeps great! We wish you the best!

Aaron and Jessie said...

I totally agree the jazzy pumpkin/rocking chair combo makes your house magazine material. Those socks are brilliant, I gotta get some. I'm glad things are getting better for you, although you totally seemed good like 2 weeks ago. Wish we were still there, it was so fun hanging out.