Friday, December 7, 2007

18 months...and one week

Cooper is 18 months. It came and went so quickly, but I wanted to post a bit about him and how he's growing. This is the stuff that matters...and they grow way to dang fast to keep up. So here's the scoop...it's boring to most people, and long, so read on if you want!

He is still obsessed with eating and milk...he loves milk. He constantly goes to the fridge and points at what he wants. Here are a few of his favorite things:
-cereal (that a boy)
-bananas, strawberries, clementines...pretty much any fruit
-edamame beans
-any mexican food, and anything spicy
-cheese

-craisins
-toast
-quesadillas (spelling anyone?)
-yogurt

He is talking like crazy. A lot of it is jibberish but he knows what he's saying ;) Some of the latest:
-shoe shoe. Every time we're getting ready to go, he runs to his room and grabs his shoes
-ball ball (notice a pattern? For some reason it's got to be two syllables)
-apple
-stacie (ok it sounds like ci ci ,but I love it)
-robbie
-joshy
-jackie
-All day long he goes "mama?" and I'll say "yes?" and he'll tell me something that makes no sense. But I know he's talking to me...and I love it!
-He answers "ya" to everything I ask, or sometimes it's "mmhhhhmmmm" like he's annoyed or something
-choo choo
-ha choo (pretend sneezing)
-owie

He loves to help me clean. Every time I get out the broom he insists on sweeping. We always unload the dishwasher together, and his job is putting the utencils in the drawer. When I clean him up in his high chair, he grabs the paper towel and starts scrubbing the tray.

He got his first hair cut last week from my friend. Finally, I'm not tucking his hair behind his ears constantly.

He loves outside, disneyland, his friend Tino, and most of all he LOVES Dave. Nothing makes him happier.

Every time we leave somewhere or say goodbye he does this cute little wave and blows kisses. He melts my heart.

He loves to run in place (only to copy Dave...and he eggs it on)
















Congrats if you've endured this post. Hopefully the next post will be about US at Dave's work party tomorrow night...all dressed up and feeling completely out of our realm in formal wear.

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Stacie, Cute post! That's great lil coop likes to clean...hopefully it will last. He really is so fetchin' cute!!! I got your christmas card today. YAY! You have an adorable family! I hope you guys have a very merry christmas. Love, Ash

Allie said...

I think posts like this are so fun to read. I love that little Coop. I can't wait to see him at Christmas. Oh, and it will be fun to see you too.

chelsey said...

I LOVE your pics! And the blog:) But you are so good with your camera! I just got the 50mm, cant wait to use it! Thanks for the recommendation!

melissa said...

Oh my word stace, his eyes are incredible!! those pics were priceless!! I got so excited to see him in a couple of weeks to see and hear all those things! hes a freakin cutie! and props on the cleaning, something he would have for sure not been taught if he was raised how we were, haha

Jennie B. said...

That is so cute! He's a doll! Has anyone ever told you you look like Helen Hunt? You probably get it all the time, huh? I hope you don't hate it! I hope you like it! It's a compliment because I think Helen Hunt is gorgeous and fantastic!

the fellers said...

awwww.,...he is so cute! I love all those things, and I just sat there and pictured him saying those things and doing them! I love it!!! Cute pictures too!

Ashley Hardison said...

I can't believe they grow up so fast. Are you glad that he will be in nursery? I am counting down the days. They are a lot of fun at this age, they are always learning. Sounds like Cooper is saying a lot that is great. We are working on it with Porter.

J and E Mayfield said...

Those pics are adorable. He's going to be a heart breaker when he gets older. I love that he finally has your hair twitch.. ha ha ha.. love it.

Ashley Hardison said...

I can't believe No Nursery. I don't know what I would do. That is what has kept me going to church the last few weeks.

Ashley Hardison said...

I can't believe No Nursery. I don't know what I would do. That is what has kept me going to church the last few weeks.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Wow his eyes are amazing and I can't believe he likes edamame, very healthy! I loved the blog, sure didn't have to endure anything. Keep bringing them on!