Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

summer. Can you believe this 85 degree weather? I was loving the cool fall air...but this week we were hit with a heat wave. What better way to enjoy it than the beach? I LOVE this time of year for the beach because no one is there. Just surfers. And there's great parking. Coop couldn't get enough of the sand, seagulls and beach toys. I know I take far too many photos of him but I love it...what can I say.




































Nothing too much is going on here. We are stoked to fly out to St. Louis next Tuesday for Thanksgiving. Dave's brother, his wife, and their two kids live out there and his parents are flying there from Utah. It will be like a mini reunion! They came out here the past two years for Thanksgiving, so it's our turn to travel. I can't wait to be in REAL fall weather! Just dreading the 5 1/2 hour plane ride...with one layover...and one Cooper. Oh man.

Dave surprised me with the Sarah McLachlan Wintersong cd. Totally love it...and recommend it :)
Does anyone feel like the holidays are coming too fast? I don't know why I am stressing. I don't usually, but this year I am. I am not the creative gift giver and it's hard for me to think of gifts! Especially during the holidays. I really want to do a Christmas card this year (picture included)...but will it actually happen?? This intention has always been beat. Speaking of paper...

Found something that makes me happy...these beautiful calenders from a company called Cecily Ink. Wow. I saw an entry on yourheartout.com that introduced me to this company. It was love at first sight. And I must say, that site makes me really appreciate SLC and all it's goodness.

12 comments:

Allie said...

Your pictures of Cooper are all so cute. I think the holidays are coming fast. I love this time of year though, so I don't feel stressed. I should be stressed about a butt load of things, but i'm not.
P.S. I work part-time at the BHS Daycare/Preschool and there is a 5 year old named cooper and I promise your cooper looks exactly like him! White hair and blue eyes. Its crazy

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

You are coming to St. Louis? We are going to Nauvoo for Thanksgiving and I think we have to pass St. Louis. I know it would be a miracle if we met up, but just knowing that we are in the same time zone makes me giddy! We only live 3 hours away. And yes we are coming home for Christmas so we should all go to lunch or something. Can't wait!!! Coop is so cute, especially with his battle wound.

Mark and Meghan said...

such cute pictures! i'm so jealous that you're at the beach...i'm leaving for san diego today for thanksgiving...hopefully we can go to the beach too!!

Cliche said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cliche said...

Steez,
I dig that top picture. Very well done.

Matt

Aaron and Jessie said...

Extremelly jealous of the beach pictures. I don't think you can ever take too many pictures, kids change so fast, so why not take pictures of all the memories. I feel like I am having the same panic attack about the holidays, I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week. I have the same thoughts about a Christmas card and presents. I think this gorgeous weather has thrown me off, it cannot already be the middle of November, feels like middle of October still. YIKES!

Kelly said...

I can't believe the holidays are already here too...I mean Thanksgiving next week??? Come on!! I am so jealous you have nice weather....that would be so nice here. We are living in Orem...and will probably be here forever:) It is fun though! I love the pics of Cooper on the beach...he is so cute!

the fellers said...

oh i just love love love those pictures! St, Louis will be so much fun, have a great time on the plane, it will be nice to have Dave there to help, I did that alone with Scoty, not so much fun! Have a great thanksgiving...and dont worry, I am stressing about Christmas already too!

melissa said...

Sterm, loved the Its beginning to look a lot like...summer part. Man stace, your pics get better and better everytime! And i agree with Jesse, i'm so freakin jealous looking at the beach and knowing your just hanging out there getting a tan. Hey we went to vegas stace and hit up the stratosphere....i literally got vertago from it, i have never been so unbelievably scared in my life, i seriously started crying on the ride. I think i might be scared of hights now, for reals..

Aaron and Jessie said...

Thanks Stac for the asap to Allie's blog, I promise I had my own little dance party, it has been way too long since I've listened to salt-n-peppa and boy do I miss those days of us jammin out to those tunes. When you come for chritmas we need to get some Alanis and Salt-n-peppa and relive those days.PLEASE

Allie said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that Celine Dion did a cover of "how do I get you alone" and it is fantastic. I know you hate Celine, but you gotta love that she covered a Heart song!

Allie said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that Celine Dion did a cover of "how do I get you alone" and it is fantastic. I know you hate Celine, but you gotta love that she covered a Heart song!