Sunday, September 16, 2007

This post is freaking long

HEY HEY!! It has been a while since I've posted because we've been in Utah...for the past 6 months it seems...(only two weeks). We had such a blast just doing whatever we wanted. MAN I love that place! While Newport Beach is everyone's ideal vacation spot...South Jordan is mine. Life is a little more slow-paced there...I love it! I'm a slow-paced kinda gal. Give me a quiet lakehouse and tons of trees with no one around and I'm happy. Over Labor Day my mom rented a big beautiful home in Eden where a bunch of us (family, cousins, etc) stayed at. Gosh that place is beautiful. If anyone is looking for a nice little getaway near a lake, check out Eden! It's up past Ogden. We fell in love with it years ago and have tried to come back as often as possible. Here's a gigantic run down of everything we did...
Here is the house we all stayed in and our gorgeous view. The pics didn't do justice.

Had our hair braided all weekend....thanks to Kenly and Bailey...our cute little cousins.
Grazed in the kitchen....what the Gibbs do best!
Went to church

My family...minus Dave
Listened to some tunes

Played scrabble
Cooked up some s'mores in the backyardPlayed ninentendo wii. I had no clue that this game was physical. My arms killed the rest of the week....I shouldn't have tried to show off my boxing skills so much. I had a riot watching my mom and dad play
Went to Pine View Reservior








After getting back we just hung out the rest of the time. Dave came to town for about 4 days to help recruit for his firm at BYU. He was there for a couple days and then we went to his parents for the weekend. His amazing mom took us to the childrens museum at gateway to play around. That place is so cool...Cooper was in heaven the whole time.
Later that week we went to Gardner Village....one of my top 5 favorite places ON EARTH. I absolutely love that place and can't come to Utah without going there....or tai pan ;)
Here's Cooper and Josh feeding the ducks

I love the look of every store there. They are all kind of boutique-y with cute country furniture, antiques, a baby store, stationary store, clothes...such cute stuff!! I love this store called the rooster house cause they have the yummiest candles. I got one called orange almond biscotti...YUM. I needed a good fall candle :)
My friend Lindsey got hitched last week! I was able to make it to her wedding dinner the night before I left but couldn't make the wedding dang it. It was so fun to see her before her big day. Me and Linds


Other highlights of my trip:

Visiting melissa at work
Ping pong at Jessies
Going to tai pan with mel and jax
Everyone getting sick after Eden from that pool sickness after(excpet for me and cooper...thank heavens that guy told me about it and said Cooper wasn't allowed to get in)
Scooter rides and seeing a side of Brad I hadn't seen before...HAHAHAHHA!
Tennis with friends...and riding the scooter home at 11pm freezing our bums off
Going to Cafe Rio...more than once
Visiting Skye and Candace...friends from Canada I hadn't seen in so long!
Seeing kristen!
Hanging out with mine and dave's family

Alright! I think I've about covered it. Sorry to everyone who endured this post. It won't happen again...

8 comments:

the fellers said...

ok, such cute pics, but I do have to say, I am not 100% certain that it was the pool, cause Scoty got it, and we didnt go anywhere NEAR that dang pool, I think it was the lake....but who knows! It is a total mystery!

melissa said...

Your blog was long, but I actually wanted more!! I loved all the pictures seriously, your post is way better then mine with the Eden stuff, I had an awesome post and pushed the "back" thing and it deleted it all so i had to start over and the second time i was so mad that i just through them on and left it at that...but i hope everyone looks at your blog for some good eden pics! miss and love ya stace!

Aaron and Jessie said...

Loved the blog! Seriously, how long were you here? I feel like you did more in that time than I've done in the past year. I'm so glad we got to hang out a couple of times. I always laugh so hard, I promise you are one of the funniest girls I know. I love ya Stacie! I sure wish we lived by each other, I just can't get enough of you

Whitney said...

Your family is so darn cute! Looks like you had a blast in good old Utah . I love the pictures of you and your sisters you are all so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Makes me miss Utah SOOOOO much! Love all the pics. Love ya. Keep in touch!

Allie said...

Stacie, your body ia unbelievable. I honestly can't believe how thin you are! The pic in your blue bikini honestly made my chin drop. There's no way I'll ever look that spectacualar in a swimming suit. Darn you.

Anonymous said...

stacie! your family is so cute! i love seeing all you cousins together, but i HATE missing out!!

miss ya!

Allie said...

Dan Hill was Twitchell's roommie. He liked Jess around the same time Dave did. I can't remember anything way hilarious about him, though. He was boring. Remember the week that Jessie was alternating who she was kissing each day? Dan Hill was one of them.