Sunday, September 30, 2007

Disneyland in the fall...

Is my favorite!! Dave took the day off Friday so we decided what the heck...since we have annual passes. Everyone raves about going in the fall time and Christmas, so we had to check it out. The park was decorated so fun with pumpkins everywhere and that general fall feeling. They had this part in frontier land called Woody's roundup that had hay bails, real cows and goats for people to pet, and a woman who was carving disney characters out of pumpkins. I had to get pictures of the pumkins...they were so cool!
Here is my favorite...the cheshire cat. I loved Alice in Wonderland...even though it kind of scared the jeebs out of me
Cooper harassed the crap out of the goats. He would play with their tails and the goats would wag them really fast, then Cooper would totally bust up laughing. He caught on quickly.
How can I head-butt them?

Wash up!
Let's just pretend that is my hand around Dave

Coop loves the jungle cruise
His favorite is the carousel. Every time we go to the mall we hit up the merry go round...so he totally recognizes it and points towards it every time he sees one.
Trying to squeeze us all in
My favorite ride in the fall...the haunted mansion! It was so fun and decorated so cool
Candy corn acres at California adventure...loved the candy corn on the corn stalks

We took a break from the park and wandered into downtown disney for dinner. We ended up eating at Rainforest Cafe. Wow...that place is insane. We loved it! Cooper was obsessed with all the monkeys...and the food was pretty good! It's safe to say that Disneyland truly is the happiest place on earth. I was smiling from ear to ear the whole time. How can you not when peter pan skips on by you like it's nobody's business? I plan to go frequently.

Saturday we lounged around and went swimming with friends. We must take advantage while the weather is still warm! Then that night I was able to go to the Relief Society Broadcast. It was so nice being able to go and actually listen, baby free. It's so hard for me to really listen at church so this was such a treat. Lately I've been so grateful for my life, well I've always been so grateful, but lately I've really been thinking about it...for being a mom and the special role it is. I feel blessed every day for everything I'm given and the oppurtunities we have as a family. Man I'm lucky. Alright...I'm out. Goodnight!

8 comments:

The Johnsons said...

That looks so fun! We're thinking of going next Wednesday because I keep seeing the adds on TV. Ava's going to be Minnie for Halloween, so I think we'll let her wear her costume. I can't believe how big Cooper is getting...he's adorable! We would love to come visit you guys again sometime soon. We'll give you a call and make plans.

Julie and Dan said...

Disneyland in the fall is my fav too. We're going in November. Hopfully its not as busy when we went for New Year's. I'm jealous you guys live so close. I would be there everyday.

Whitney said...

How cute! I was a little jealous of your Disneyland trip when I saw your pictures. Looks like so much fun! You guys are such a beautiful family!

Allie said...

I'm 100% positive that you posted this to make me jealous... We went to D-land last October and it was the greatest trip yet. The lines were 10 minutes tops. I am obsessed with the Walt Disney Company. I guarantee that if they raised their prices to $500 a day, I would pay it gladly. What a wonderful place. I can't wait to meet Walt Disney himself when I die. I must thank him personally.

Ashley said...

I'm jealous of that lady...i want to carve pumpkins for a living! Who knew Disneyland was so fall festive? Super jealous that you live right around the corner from the happiest place on earth!

chelsey said...

Stacie! I cant tell you how many times I've looked on your blog! And your scrapbooking has seriously inspired me! I love it!!! Are your pages digital or 'real' scrapbooking? Im obsessed with your style!

chelsey said...

I loved that web site! The coloring is exactly what I want to apply to every single one of my pics! I've just been going to photoshopessentials.com to actually learn everything but it takes soo long. I think its probably worth buying indie's programs just to save on time. But...if you could get the RGB coloring thats all you would need I think. Its just trying to figure out what it is without having to buy it! I also spy on Skye's pics and I LOVE her coloring, especially the vintage and urban antique! Everything I've found on that takes so much time! I think we just need to start networking here! If I find anything or anyone who knows something I will let you know!!

melissa said...

OH my word Stace, you never told me you hit up Disneyland?? I love that so much!! It really was a fun surprise to see you guys headed to Disneyland! umm, and that one pic of just you and coop with the flowers in the backround, man you looked sooo good stace!! your face looked beautiful, seriously, you look dang good!!