Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I miss California

The title says it all. We miss it way too much. I want to go back to last week when our family lived in a little hotel, didn't have access to the internet, and hung out 24/7. It hurts how much I miss that place....e v e r y day. The trip was wonderful, perfect in every way. The weather was mostly cloudy, but it was perfect. We saw friends every day...amazing people we miss every day of our lives. We ate at our favorite resaurants. We went to the beach a few times. Went to disneyland once, and shopped only a little bit. What made it wonderful was not the weather, the beach, or being at disneyland...but being with my family every minute, being with friends most of those minutes, and eating lots of unhealthfood. Anyway, I could go on and on. Thank heavens for pictures that are able to bring me back to memories that I love. Each photo I edit causes me to drift off thinking about every memory from our heavenly little world in newport beach. Not just our vacation, but our life when we lived there. Aaahhhh...here I go again.

Ok, snap out of it.


Anyway, you got the jist of it...the trip was fantastic. I will probably post later and share more pictures, but I wanted to write down how I was feeling right now. After a week in our own little paradise.

My lovely friend Karrie, who I miss with all my heart, (she's in new york for only two months, but whatever, I still miss her) has been telling me how she wants to simplify her life. I can't help but want to do the same. I live a pretty simple life, I don't like a lot on my plate, but I want to simplify more. One of the greatest things about being in the hotel was being away from the compter. I can't tell you how much I loved it. I want to get rid of stuff. I want to organize and lessen. I have come to apprecite small living spaces. I like being together in the same space. Karrie has been sharing her insights with me, and I can't help but love what she says and want to change as well. So let's see if it happens. Doubt it. I don't enjoy pouring out my heart on here, but that is what I have been feeling, like non-stop, so I thought I'd share. So thanks Karrie for being my example. I miss you.

Ok, nuff said. Way too much said. Onto a few of my favorite pictures from the beach. Will hopefully post lots more later. Yeaaa right.

IMG_0050 web IMG_0038 web
IMG_0032 web
SUCH a classic cooper face. Making some weird face while being blinded by the sun.
IMG_0047 web
IMG_9867 web

10 comments:

Skye said...

The one of REESE!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! SO FLIPPIN CUTE!!! Wow.
Thank you for posting.

Tracy Elder said...

So caaaa-ute!!!!

the fellers said...

I love those....the one of Reese is AWESOME!

Kolbi Young said...

Stacie...I have been meaning to contact you for a while....I LOVED the newborn photos you took for Cherelle. Can I hire you to take my little one's first photos? He will be born next week, so sometime in the next month. I live in Daybreak too, and will be home...so at your convenience. Shoot me an email and we can coordinate: tyandkolbi@aol.com

FYI: We went to HS together, I was a year younger, friends with Emily Lewis......

Windybrook Spinner said...

I love bare feet in the sand. I was recently thinking about how much I miss the amazing, darling, wonderful people in our old neighborhood too, but I get to visit there more frequently because it is only a 30 minute drive away. I'm sorry you are homesick. Daybreak is an absolutely fabulous place in so many ways, but I think it takes a lot longer than one expects for a place to become home.

Mark and Meghan said...

i was at disneyland last week too! on tuesday, don't know when you were there though. we're still here for a couple more days! :( i miss it too...i'm already dreading coming home. love it out here (mainly because my family is here!)

anyway love the picture of reese on the beach..so cute!

The Thueson's said...

Those are so stinkin' cute! Oh and the one of Reese.. ADORABLE!!

Mark and Kelly's Blog said...

Stac!!!! First of all, Thank you, THANK YOU! for choosing not to be pissed at me for silently following your blog for years. I honestly don't know why I never left a comment. Pretty much I'm an idiot. And thanks for being so insanely hilarious. So much of your personality comes through in your blog and I LOVE it. You really have a way with words. Your children are beautiful. Coopers hair is my favorite ever. Oh yeah, and I'm sure California misses you even more than you miss it (which sounds like a LOT). Utah is a very lucky state to have you.

Candace said...

Sounds like a really nice trip. Don't you want to go to Canada right now, snow, cold and wind? Sounds like a lot of fun, eh? Jks! Your kids are so cute. We need to get together sometime!

Allie said...

Fun pics! Call me, lets get together!