Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Raise your hand if you suck at blogging

[hand raised]

I will try and be better. Life has been busy lately. But a good busy. I can't complain. My idea of a perfect day is having nothing planned...and just doing whatever I want, whenever I want.

On a totally different note....

My sister's good friend came over last thursday to have her sweet baby's pictures taken. She was an angel. But even a perfect angel couldn't stop my nerves from going crazy. It takes a special person to take newborn pictures, and I don't think that person is me! She was perfect the whole time. Even when a baby is peacefully sleeping, my favorite shots are STILL the ones with mom and baby. Those are so special to me. So thank you Cherelle for being my first "newborn" guinea pig....and being at my house for 4 1/2 HOURS. That's right people. I still loved it! Oh, and you are beautiful!!

Baby Kynlee
IMG_5589 web
IMG_5325 web
IMG_5363 bw web
IMG_5430 web
IMG_5478 sunflower web
IMG_5502 sunflower web
IMG_5371 web
IMG_5747 bw web
IMG_5657 bw web
IMG_5671 bw web

On another wonderful note....Reese FINALLY slept through the night. The WHOLE night. On her 6th month birthday to be exact. I know....it took 6 long months, but she did it. I'm so proud. And extremely happy. Weird enough, I'm more tired than ever....I think my body is not used to getting so much sleep :)

20 comments:

Jordan said...

Stace, I'm excited to see you venturing in to the world of professional photography. You've obviously got what it takes.

Janette said...

wow! I am so impressed with your photography skills! You really inspire me to want to try to do it myself (I am sure it's not that easy though) you could seriously make some money doing photography..I would totally go to you.

Tahnie said...

Stacie I love your style! If only I could get my husband to teach me as well as you shoot. He's the photographer in our house but he NEVER takes pictures so it's up to me. I have been practicing with the manual setting on my camera. They are great until you look at the background and it's grainy. blah. Practice makes perfect right?!

The Ceder House's said...

AMAZING.You really are talented. I love the first one especially. If only Hudson had slept during the shoot on Saturday:) ha ha. Sorry again he was such a monster:)

Tracy Elder said...

SO GOOD!!! How do you do the black background?

tracie said...

That is my idea of a perfect day too, unfortunatly it hardly ever happens though!! Love the pictures! They are so good. We'll have to have a photo shoot this summer!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! You are getting better and better! I am getting really excited to have my baby now, will you do his/her pictures? You do awesome work! So talented!!!

us said...

Raise your hand if you want Stace to take pictures of your child
{Hand raised}.. How much do you charge?? You are amazing.

Skye said...

Stacie these are GORGEOUS!!! But wow that's a long time, you are an animal. I love them all, sweet job! I am calling you RIGHT NOW.

melissa said...

YES!!!!!! I was so freakin happy you posted these on your blog! i really was scared you weren't going to show these pics! man, cherelle is just stunning. Absolutely stunning. You've captured her beauty in every picture! i can't even imagine what Kynlee is going to look like, heart breaker is what she will be i'm sure. way to go stace, i can't tell you how proud i am of you!

the fellers said...

(hand raised)

Those pics are BEAUTIFUL....I want them, and I want to eat that little kynlee...she is precious

Yay for you and Reese, the whole night is pure bliss, when you get used to it!

When are we gonna play?

Tibett said...

Wonderful pictures, Stacie! And how great that Reese slept through the night! Hopefully it will stick, right?!

Allie said...

This made me want a newborn extremely bad. Great job, Stace!

Elizabeth said...

I wish I lived closer to get some pictures!!! You are very talented, they look amazing.

Liz said...

That is incredible! You are so good! The baby is beautiful! Way to go!

The Stringham's said...

Stace-I am raising my hand right along with you! I am still trying to get in Christmas!! I'll tell you two things you definitely DON'T suck at-taking the most AMAZING, TOTALLY PROFESSIONAL Pics, and Writing the most HILARIOUS Posts EVER!!! You DO NOT dissappoint-that's for darn sure! xoxo

Maria Ison said...

Both of my hands are up in the air! I'm right there with you lady. Ha ha! Wow! Your photography skills are amazing! How much do you charge? Hmm...I think it's time to send you a message on Facebook. =)

natalie malan said...

SOOO cute! when can you come take mine?!?! seriously, you are soo gifted/talented (but I know it's a ton of work and time to get that good). your shots turned out amazing!! I've been sick-ish but am feeling better. Maybe I can come by and pick stuff up tomorrow?

Janette said...

okay, so I just went on Jackie's blog and I am really convinced you need to start up a little business because you Rock! (and when you do start it up I will be calling you.....)

Windybrook Spinner said...

Stacie, the next time you tell me you aren't that good...I don't know what I'll do. Maybe I'll laugh. You are amazing! I guess it is good to be humble and I am very excited to have such a talented photographer living so close. I feel so honored you used my knitting and the pictures turned out absolutely darling.