Monday, March 9, 2009

Glamour Shots

HA....remember glamour shots? The ones your mom would go to the mall and have done? Well, thank heavens my mom got them done...more than once. I thought they were so cool. Well, last week after I took Reese's pics with the cute yellow background, my sister, Melissa, came over and I forced her into getting some of her own "glamour shots". Minus the glittery blue cowboy hat with matching blue gloves. Thank you again, mom....those pictures were glorious. Anyway, we had so much fun, and I thought they turned out pretty darn stinking cute. Thank you Melissa for being beautiful and letting me take these of you! Regardless of how dumb you felt :)

IMG_4792 web
IMG_4855 bw
IMG_4834 web
IMG_4817 web
IMG_4847 bw web
IMG_4779 bw web
IMG_4874 web
IMG_4898 bw web
IMG_4905 web

Apparently diabetes does the body good. She was diagnosed almost a year ago and has been doing an incredible job at eating right and staying healthy. I truly don't. know. how. she. does. it. She is commited to eating a very healthy diet. If you know our family, you know food is everything...especially eating whatever we want, whenever we want. She has stayed insanely strong and continues to inspire our family. I LOVE YOU MELISS...so freaking much. Thank you for being such an example to me.

If you are interested in learning more about the diabetic diet and eating better, she has started a blog with tips and recipes to stay healthy. She's done a great job with it...check it out here. Oh, and her blog is here.

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm pretty proud to say that is my sister-in-law!! What beautiful pictures!!! She is beautiful, and Stace you have awesome talent in photography. I love them all and it makes me miss her more! Thanks for sharing with us.

Ryan and Tori said...

K, I just got done leaving a comment on Melissa's blog about how gorgeous she is! Those seriously turned out awesome, how fun is that? I seriously love that yellow background- is that in your house or what? I was telling her I might want you to take some pics of Sara sometime 'cause you really are so talented! How much do you charge? You really do take the best pictures!

melissa said...

Stace, that post literally brought a tear to my eye! Gosh stace, that was so nice of you to say, even though i still eat like a horse-well only when you bake:). Thank you so much stace, that was so fun, and i couldn't be more happy about your photo shopping skills! May i just second everyone when they say...YOU HAVE MAD PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS!!! You really are a complete natural-keep up the good work!!!

Liz said...

Wow! Gorgeous sister and great pictures! When can I get you to do mine? :)

the fellers said...

I love Melissa...and those pics were BEAUTIFUL! Can you make me look beautiful? I need to check out this diet...I am scared to feel guilty for what I eat...so I havent dont it yet, but i NEED to!

Jeff and Mallory said...

Stace, you really are SO good!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

She really is so BEAUTIFUL! My niece is a diabetic so I will have to let my sister know of her blog.

Janette said...

wow, those are really good. You are a great photographer and I love the background. How do you get that? Awesome job!

Robin said...

All grown up that's what our little bros and sisters are! Do you remember when we all jumped on the tramp forever outside! In some of those pics I saw you in Melissa and some of them I saw your mom. You all look different and alike at the same time! She's a babe though, too bad for Eric she's married! haha. jk. Melissa we're very happy for you and your hubby! Stac-good pics too! I'm impressed!

Justin Ford said...

GORGE! Both of you. I love you both.

tracie said...

I know I already commented on these pic's on facebook but I just have to say again...GORGEOUS!!!!

kate moss said...

Those are freaking sweet! Great color combo!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Wow, your Melissa has gorgeous eyes! And I have always said that you are an amazing photographer Stace. I promise I just went to Melissa's diabetic blog and I want to be healthier... dang I just downed a huge glass of chocolate milk! PS Reece is incredible! I need to see her again; she is so dang cute. She is a mini you.

John and Erin said...

Flip... two things....Gorgeous! Stunningly gorgeous! Melissa you look like a freaking model. And second.... Stacey those pictures are sooooooooo good. Like shockingly great. Love the Yellow with the blue. Her eyes look incredible. Love the poses. Sell those for loads. I think it's time to start your biz. Seriously. I'd support that 100%.

Candace said...

I wish that I was that photogenic and well, yes as gorgeous as well. That is crazy that she is diabetic, I didn't know it, good luck Melissa!

J & P Gibb said...

good work to the model and the photographer. You have both always been beautiful to me. Auntie Patty

Aaron and Jessie said...

YES! I loved everything about those pictures especially Melissa's serious model face, she really is gorgeous. I promise those pictures could be in a magazine. That's it Stac, you should start up your own little glamour shot studio and bring back the cowboy hat and gloves. I promise if I was in Utah I'd pay you to teach me a photography and photo shop class, you are so dang good! We did actually end up buying the full blown photoshop and I'm extremelly intimidated by it. So, I might call for some more pointers, sorry I know I'm totally annoying, but your brilliant and I'm an idot that can't figure anything out on my own.