Thursday, March 5, 2009

Band-aids? What band-aidssssss?

IMG_4688 web
I get asked every day what happened to Reese's face. Ya wanna know what happened? It's not a big deal...it just looks like a big deal. It started out as some dry skin. Just an innocent dry patch of dry skin. Then it happened. She scratched if off with her bear claw nails. That was the beginning of the end. She kept scratching at it, so I put a band-aid on. That just made her scratch more. So I then put 3 band-aids on. That worked better, but still not enough. You have to understand her "first" scratch was January 24th or something. That was the night of my mom's birthday dinner. Since then it has been a disgusting, vicious cycle that might drive me to drinking soon. I put on the band-aids, after a couple days she rips them off along with an almost healed scab...and the cycle starts over. It hasn't stopped. Her oozing scab just won't heal. I am getting heated just writing about it, so I will stop.

The point is, it's ugly. I want to kiss her flawless 6 month cheeks...and I do, but it would be grand if there wasn't a pile of band-aids on them. Of course I think she is beautiful anyway...and more delicious than a chocolate covered strawberry.


I thought I'd post some pics of her bandaged face in all it's glory. And a picture of her cute feet and chubby legs because I love them.
IMG_4723 web
IMG_4739 web
IMG_4770 web

I normally have socks on her hands, so one my favorite things lately is when I take them off, she admires them like they are the most glorious things she has ever beheld.
IMG_4720 web

17 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

she is beautiful..bandaids or not!

Allie said...

You are getting dang good Stace. Hey, is that digital paper as the back ground?
Reese is so stinking cute. Lets get together right now. Or whenever.

Anonymous said...

Poor girl. I'm sure you are just so frustrated with it. Before I read the bottom I was going to suggest putting socks on her hands. he he. Good luck.

Liz said...

That is the cutest picture! The band-aids make it "better". :) You are such a good photographer!

Jennie B. said...

She is so so so sweet!!! What lens do you use on your camera?

natalie malan said...

LOVE the pics!!! K, so I have to borrow the background for sure!!! Can't wait! They look amazing.

the fellers said...

oh my gosh, that picture of her admiring her hands is precious! I love her....bandaids or not, she is still beautiful!

The Lunds said...

That hand thing is too cute and funny!

tracie said...

Poor little Reese!! She is so adorable! I love your background too. So cute!

Tracy Elder said...

Nice pics! She is sooo cute! You know what's weird, is that so many kids in my classes have the dreaded itchy scabbing. I hope it goes away. Although, she is still stinkin cute!! Told you you'd like girls better. haha. j.k.

ps-is that yellow background wallpaper in your house? Or are you sneakin' around with PS?

Hey, you know what. Reese looks just like Dave from the side, and just like you from the front. What a good combo!

Skye said...

Glorious pictures. GLORIOUS!!!!!!! Bandaids and all. I hope it gets better soon, UGHHHH!!!

Skye said...

Oh the leg shot is like, WOWSAS. Her legs looks completely edible.

the murdocks said...

Tracie and Allie the background is just a piece of fabric...super simple!

And Jennie, I use a 50mm 1.8 lens. Nothing amazing but it does the job! I love it.

And yes Skye...I want to eat her legs. I want to eat every part of her body all the time!

Utah Funeral Directors Cremation Center said...

That's hilarious that she loves her hands so much! She is such a happy little chunk! By the way thank you for the sympathy & advice this morning, I needed it. If all goes well tomorrow I will see you at church.

Tara Thueson said...

Oh she is adorable!!! I seriously want that fabric. NOW!! I love the last picture of her looking her hands over. Such a funny thing that kids do! They are just amazed by the littlest things. I love it! :)

John and Erin said...

I'm sorry I know that story's not funny but you make me laugh stace. Poor lil gal

Tibett said...

Stacie she is so cute! I love her admiring her hands!