Friday, May 2, 2008

It's just one of those things

Ya know how some women are passionate about epidurals? You might think the use of epidurals was a religion to some. You either have the die hard "say no to drugs" or the "hook me up in the parking lot" kinda gal. Well I have discovered that women are like that also with finding out the sex of your baby before the baby is born. Well, I'm the kinda girl who loves to find out ASAP. Only because I physically cannot wait until 40 weeks....way too excited. To me, it's a surprise either way. I find out at 20 weeks, or I find out at 40 weeks. Whatev. Anyway, this morning we found out what the little nugget is inside my tum. Drum roll.....

It's a girl!!

We are having a girl....and to my surprise I am absolutely ecstatic. The thought of raising girls always made me nervous (since I don't know how to do hair and I hate nailpolish) But I have changed. I actually have been thinking it's a girl for a while now. I'm constantly drawn towards girl stuff, which I never was with Cooper. I guess I kinda knew. And I couldn't be more happy. Seeing her in the ultrasound was just as exciting as seeing my first. It was incredible and I instantly fell head over heals in love with her. Anyway, here's a little pic of our sweet baby. The whole time she had her arm up to her mouth...hmm...thumb sucker? Who knows, she was just cute as can be.
















And here's me at 20 weeks. This picture will hopefully put to rest the crazy theories out there that I am not showing yet. I sure am. And I feel bigger than I did with Cooper at this time...and more uncomfortable. Sorry the picture is so tacky, I just keep forgetting to have Dave take it, so I took it upon myself in front of the bathroom mirror.













19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now you have one of each. You are so dang cute pregnant. It's just not fair!

Allie said...

Yay! I am so excited! PC here we come.

Mark and Meghan said...

oh i'm so excited for you...girls are so much fun...you're going to learn to love all the girly accessories..(like i have:) ) and you HARDLY look pregnant!

The Bishops said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! As always, you look darling prego. I'm glad you posted a pic. Congrats again!!! Little girls are so different than boys, both are darling but you will enjoy the difference! Love you guys and miss ya tons!!

the fellers said...

YAY YAY YAY! Now Our boys can be buds, and our girls can be girlfriends.....yay yay yay! I am so excited for you, so do you have names picked out? Or do you tell? Either way, I am stoked! I cant wait for you to have your baby! And, ummm, you look FANTASTIC!!!! Way to go Stacie!

Kristin said...

Yeah!!! I've been so excited to hear! You'll love having a girl, and you will just naturally know what to do! By the way, you look great; how do you feel? Also, Cooper is super cute in your previous posts. We miss you...

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Yeah for little girls! Congats you guys!

Jennie B. said...

Look how cute! I'm so happy for you! Let's have play dates with our little girls! I'm not quite sure what a play date is, but it sounds so fun!

The Buckley's said...

WOW! Congrats! That is so fun. You will love all of the girl stuff. You look so cute by the way.

Tracy Elder said...

Woo-woo!!!

Look at that precious little girl!! She's just kickin' it in there, lovin' life and suckin' her thumb. She's already cute as a button!

So is your belly :)

Thanks for lookin' for me for those stamps. I really appreciate it!!

Adam saw your blog and fell in love with your camera, and he's like, we gotta get one of those!!! YES!! Maybe we will get one with our tax return instead of a flat screen tv....you know Adam and the boob tube...it's NEVER off!

Toodles~

Unknown said...

Heck yeah!! That is so awesome.. and you look dang cute pregnant. You are still teeny tiny. Not fair!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I am so excited/extatic for you guys. And Stace, you have the cutest little belly! I pray i'm half as cute. Those pictures are amazing... you can totally see the baby as opposed to the old school ultra sounds.

Andrea said...

Um. I'm pretty sure my belly is bigger than yours, and I'm not pregnant.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

I have been wanting to comment on your blog for so long and now am just finally getting to it! I have literally just wanted to copy and paste your words to my blog lately because everything you say and talk about are my exact same feelings! I was dying... about the fruit loops... I eat cold cereal like it is going out of style! I can't believe we are literally due at the same time! I am going to be following your blog for the next while so I can see someone in the exact same boat as me. YOu are so stinkin' cute though... I am jealous of your amazing looking belly! Thanks for all your great posts and letting me feel like someone is in the same boat!

Whitney said...

Yay for girls! I also can't wait for my little girly to get here. You are so absolutely darling prego! Not fair that you still look so skinny!

Ashley said...

congrats! Stacie, you will love a girl! They are so sweet and cuddly! But, I didn't realize, you're supposed to do your kids hair? Ha! just kidding. I never do my kids hair. Everyone calls Kaylee a boy. But she makes a really cute boy!

Britny Hill said...

Congratulations! It's seriously girl season right now! I had no idea you were into photography, you are so dang good!!!

The Stringham's said...

Oh my gosh-I'm so excited for you Stac (and you too Dave)!!! :) You will LOVE having a little GIRL...they are so sweet and precious and soooooo much fun to dress! And I'm sure she will have Dave wrapped around her little finger-I already notice that w/ Matt!
You are so tiny Stacie-how cute are you?!
I am coming up there, hopefully AFTER Father's Day-my sis is having a baby! We should get together!!
Miss you Guys!

The Stringham's said...

I know Stac...I need to start one of these Blogs-they are so Dang cute! I will I will-Tracy's going to help me cause I'm pathetic and I need it! How fun to be able to keep up w/ what's going on w/ everyone, you know?!