Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"I toot"

Our child is obsessed with tooting. All day long he tries to fart and you can tell in his expression. And when he does, it's truly the biggest accomplishment. He looks at me with huge, excited eyes and says, "I toot!" or "big toot!" and then laughs. What have we done. We have got to stop teaching him crude things just for a good laugh.























I hope everyone had a good weekend and mother's day. I felt spoiled all weekend. I was able to go to Park City last Thursday with some of my favorite people. Allie and Kate, Jessie and her girls, and Erin. Jessie and Erin are moving away this summer, so we wanted to do something fun before they leave. It was so nice to be able to shop for longer than 10 minutes without Cooper. It was such a fun day.

On Saturday I got my mother's day gift: a pedicure with my sister and mom. But not just any pedicure, we said yes to everything those ladies had to offer. Aaaaahhh...it was heavenly. Then we did lunch at Mimi's after with our aunts and cousins.

Early Saturday morning we went downtown for the Race for the Cure. We met up with a bunch of his co-workers and got a picture beforehand, then he ran with Cooper in the jogger . Wow, it was insane how many people were there, the announcers said around 17,000. It was very emotional for me to see everyone running for a cause. There was an old woman wearing a shirt that said "We're runners for April's knockers" Loved that.








Last night we dropped Cooper off at my house and went to the Boondocks for Dave's company party. It was way fun. We had dinner and just rode the race cars a couple times. The highlight was watching Dave get hit and spun around then getting hit head-on by some teenage girl. I laughed at him the 3 times I went around before he got turned around. I hope your neck is feeling better Dave :) Ok, so that wasn't the biggest highlight of the night. They played a big bingo game with prizes like ipods, wii's, and plasma t.v.s. Well believe it or not, me and Dave BOTH got bingo and both won ipod touches. Can you believe it??? I don't win stuff! It was surely a sign of the times. As you can imagine, we were both extremely happy.

10 comments:

Allie said...

Cooper looks so old! Love the haircut. Kate already farts all the time and I'm sure it will only get worse considering who her father is. Love ya, Stace.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

He sounds like my husband. Stace, you are the best photographer... I can't get over how cool your pics are. Tell Dave good job on the race. Boondocks is right next to my parents house and I sure have never been there... sounds fun! I'm coming home over memorial weekend and want to get together. I talked to Allie and we might go to Wingers (maybe thats what I'm craving right now, so what?) I'll let you know fo shizzle!

the fellers said...

no kidding! iPod touch's that is AWESOME....we dont win either, that is why we just forked over the money and BOUGHT a freaking iPod Touch....Happy Mother'd Day Shon...haha

Unknown said...

Hey Stace,

Its Chelsey Stallings ( Wall). I found you on Janette's page. How in the world are you. I saw that you guys were at the race,and, so was I. To bad I we didn't run into each other. Anyway, all the best and keep in touch

Chelsey

Unknown said...

No Kids yet. We just bought our second house in good old So. Jo. just below Daybreak ( not in Daybreak). Thanks for the compliments. Music is fun but very very hard. where are you guys?

The Bishops said...

That is hilarious, Kaden also thinks toot's are the funniest thing ever!! He laughs every time! Whenever I change his diaper he tries so hard to toot in my face. He has been successful too many times!! Dave is awesome!! Glad to hear you had a great Mother's day. Miss you guys! Glad to see your well! Luv ya!

Unknown said...

we live south of 11400 on Country crossing road. it is the left off of 11400 south just before you get into daybreak. I run the daybreak trails all the time. We would love to get together with you guys sometime and see your new place.

Chels

Tracy Elder said...

OOooo! Nice! Doesn't it feel good to win? Love it!

How are you feeling? Coops looks leaner and more manly. Is he getting older? Must be. So cute!

Finally the neibs moved it. A teacher, I think I already told you that. She looks a ton like Tiffany Bishop. Short and Cute.

So lemme guess, after you left the mani pedi place, you had acrylic, french tips with silk wrap and diamonds with swirls and even fake nails glued to your toes so they could be really long and painted with glitter and a bit curly...haha

ps-lemon bars were to DIE for! Absolute bliss. Glad I waited out for the recipe.

the fellers said...

Hey, I got that pool at Target, $26...he LOVE LOVE LOVES it!

Heather Miller said...

Hi friend....I miss you! Can we please get together soon????