Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A week, or two, in pictures

I've been away for awhile. Not from home, just the computer. Blogging doesn't excite me lately. But then I fall in love with a picture of my kid(s) and I get excited again.

The past couple weeks have been nice. Just hanging out, doing what we want, being with people we like.


I've taken a few pictures, just to document a few little moments.

I love this girl's eyes. Seriously, sometimes when the light hits them right they look unreal. So sparkly. Besides the basic color pop I use on the entire picture, I don't ever enhance her eyes. They are really that blue.
Photobucket

Cooper's eyes are beautiful, too. Just not as "blue" as Reese's. One of my favorite people, and cousin, stayed with us a couple weeks ago. It was so fun. Brette has an eye for photography. She takes amazing landscape pics and catches beautiful moments with ordinary objects. She took this picture of Cooper that melts my heart. Brette's site is brettegibbphotography.com
Photobucket

Melissa and Brad are always entertaining my kids. They love them so much.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm happy to have these guys back from New York. Reese is especially happy to have her hunky and chunky boyfriend back. They are two of a kind. The day after they got home, we went to the lake to send off the boys on kayaks. The babies were too young to go out, so we hung back at shore. I love this picture of her and Ford. So sweet.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Dreamy.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some pictures from yesterday. Wowsas...her eyes look fake in this picture.Photobucket
Photobucket

Cooper after his nap. He lays on the floor by the door after he wakes up and takes off the little door stopper. EVERY time he wakes up. It drives me crazy.
Photobucket

Banana popsicle
Photobucket
Photobucket

Cooper has been determined to ride his bike with no training wheels this past week. He would beg and beg for me to take him out. He's worked really hard and know he is rockin. I'm so proud of him. If only he could put that determination into potty training. My life would be a whole lot easier, and less disgusting.
Photobucket

Dave spending what little time he has with the kidlings. He is great with spending every moment he is home with them. This time of year he works a lot. Until October 15th, I don't see him much. I still hate his schedule. But I should be grateful he has a job, right? I just keep reminding myself of that.
Photobucket

Ugh. Sorry the pictures are so big.

9 comments:

melissa said...

its about bloody time. but stace, my gosh this post was well worth the wait! every picture was so soft and perfect. these pictures almost took me away to another place. you still got it stace, believe me! and can i just say, that first picture of reese looks exactly like you!!
thank you so much again for surprising me yesterday-i'm still smiling about it i loved it so much!!

Anonymous said...

i nearly gave up on your blog stacie - luckily i gave it one last chance! your kids are so dang cute it is unreal! and your photography skills are pretty wicked too. please keep posting!

leslie

Whitney said...

Ok I know that blogging for you may not be exciting, but looking at your pictures is so exciting for me so keep posting! Honestly Stace have you taken photography classes? You are amazing, I see your pics and get feeling a little sheepish about my own. I need some serious work compared to you! I love your pics!

lizzo said...

I seriously love every single pic.

I cannot believe Coop is riding a bike. Luke just learned. I've got some work to do.

The Lunds said...

I love the pics. Hayden loves to lay by his door when he wakes up from his nap too! At least they still take naps. I am amazed to see Cooper on his bike! Wow, Hayden is nowhere close but we do have the potty training thing so I guess I'll take it! I totally saw you at Target the other day. I didn't think it was you cause you had some older kids and then they yelled out Cooper's name so, pretty sure it was you. I was on a strict time restraint so I couldn't stop and talk but I am sad I haven't seen you at the pool this summer :( It would be fun to get together though!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

The pics again. Please dont think about giving up on your blog. I look forward to all the pics and story's. Your kids are beautiful. And about Clint, yes sometimes I do.. die a little from laughter. He is pretty unique and one in a million that's for sure. I always wanted my man to have a wicked sense of humor.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Stacie, your kids are adorable! Seriously that little Cooper could be a model with those good looks and that hair. Your pics are perfect, I wish you would start a business taking pictures. I already want to tell everyone I know about you. You have the sweetest family, keep the posts coming.

Tibett said...

Reese's eyes really are amazing! What great pictures! Both of your kids are beautiful! I love the picture of Karrie with her little guy too.

Robin said...

Love Cooper's hair! And Reese is a picture perfect babe!