Monday, January 5, 2009

We had ourselves a merry little christmas

Did you?

Christmas eve is far better than Christmas in my opinion. The anticipation, the food, being with family, the food...

It was another year of loveliness. We spent Christmas eve at my folks' house with the whole family. Including my Oma (grandmother in german) who flew down from the GREAT white north, Edmonton, Alberta. Fun was had by everyone.

My beautiful sisters...and me in my freaking pajamas. My mom told us all to wear our snowman pajamas. I did. But did anyone else? nope.
IMG_3666 web
So I forced everyone to put them on
IMG_3681 web

IMG_3676 web

pretty.
IMG_3691 web

ugly. (bet ya didn't know I had chicklets for teeth. neither did I)
IMG_3692 web

Christmas morn was fantastic. We woke up at our home (and if you know cooper, you know it was early) and had our own little christmas. What can I say? Cooper was on cloud 9. After each present he opened, he would get excited and ask us to open it so he could play with it. He loved it all...every minute. If you are wondering where Reese is...she was soundly asleep in her bed. Where I prefer her to be at 6:30 in the morning.

This was our tree before we hit the sack christmas eve. half our lights burned out long before christmas...I was just far too lazy to replace them.
IMG_3694
IMG_3750 web
IMG_3751 web
for sure my fave....coop in anticipation
IMG_3737 web
IMG_3729 web
IMG_3720 web
coop decided to try out the skateboard santa brought him right away. and we discovered he's weirdly good on it
IMG_3758 web
IMG_3761 web
Later in the day he tried on his construction get up from grandma and grandpa hank. His favorite part of the outfit is the hat. He calls it his baseball hat and wears it around when we play baseball. Dare I say this kid has got a one track mind.
IMG_3780 web

So that pretty much sums it up. Dave has gone back to work and it's back to reality. We already miss him and it's 9 am. I can't help but be excited for the new year and what's to come. Last year was a wonderful whirlwind...this year???????

9 comments:

Jeff and Mallory said...

Looks like Christmas was fun! Happy New Year!

the fellers said...

so much fun, and I love that you made everyone else dress in their pj's, and man, I should have thought of a skateboard for scoty, They could be boarding buddies! I love that he is good on it!

Wallace Family said...

sweet now he can teach izak to ride his. he mostly just sits on it and scoots around the house. :) looks like you had a fun Christmas with your fam! love your tree! :) I bet it was nice to have Christmas in your own home and not be traveling for once. Come over again soon and rock out with us! I'll make whatever you want to eat if it'll entice you to come over again. :) ha ha

Utah Funeral Directors Cremation Center said...

SO fun Stacie, I love that your Oma will pull a face too. That's what makes your family so great! I love all the pictures, can't wait to start hanging out again now that the chaos is over!

Aaron and Jessie said...

Looks like loads of fun! And once again fabulous pictures! I wish I were there so you could mentor me. But, thanks for the flickr hint, I finally could get some pics on.

John and Erin said...

Oh Stack! I loved seeing you and spending 5 hours at your house. It seemed like 2 minutes. You're pics are adorable. I love little cooper... he does look like he knows what he's doing on that skateboard. My favorite is that your lights went out before christmas.. that's hilarious. Love ya Stacey. Wish I could see ya every week.

Allie said...

Love the pic of your chicklets teeth!! Hilarious!

Kristopher Orr said...

Love the pictures! Haha, C'mon Stacie....don't remember who you are??....some of my EARLIEST childhood memories have YOU in them. I remember when we were seriously babies and you threw laundry detergent in my mouth while we were playing in your basement! You have a cute family!

Lori B said...

Looks like our tree (by chance was it from Target?)

I love the sk8er boy! Classic.