Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh hi.

The more behind I get on this blog, the more I don't want to update.
But I know you all are DYING to see our halloween pics, so I better post. HA. That wknd was pretty eventful for the four of us, it being the weekend we also blessed Reese. But let's start with Halloween....the greatest day in the history of the world....according to Cooper. He won't stop talking about trick-or-treating with mama, daddy, reese, and grandma and grandpa hank. (dave's parents...who he happened to name after their dog, Hank. We don't know, so don't ask) The weird part is that he hasn't asked for a single piece of candy since that weekend. Wonderful.
I ain't big on dressing up. Actually, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I downright hate it. So unless we are forced to dress up for a party, you will never see me in costume. Cooper was Thomas the train and Reese was a peapod. They looked mighty cute.
This is how much Cooper despises my camera
IMG_2583 copy
IMG_2607 copy
IMG_2620 copy
trick or treat
IMG_2621 copy
I could eat this child, she is so scrumptious
IMG_2617 copy
Reese's blessing day was perfect. We had our families come and the Wallaces (pretty much family). Dave did a beautiful job on the blessing and then we came to our house to pig out. It couldn't have turned out better. Well, maybe the rain could've stopped pouring :)

Oh and check out her AMAZING blessing dress. This was hand-crafted by my wonderful grandma, Hazel (who Reese is named after). She crocheted it herself...hat and booties included! I about died when I saw these. And yes, I photoshopped the crap out of her face. That baby acne ain't the prettiest...and I wanted her to look pretty in her dress. Not like I did in junior high. (but good news...it's finally going away)
IMG_2637 Web
IMG_2644 web
IMG_2365 web
IMG_2373 web
p.s. I think heaven might be smiling down on me. This entire week both my kidlings have taken 2-4 hour naps AT THE SAME TIME. It's been a ray of light, I tell you. I've gotten so much cleaning done. HAHAHAHAHA. Yea right. The only cleaning that gets done while they sleep is the computer chair, where my behind sits.

17 comments:

Allie said...

I love her dress! And I love that you photoshopped her acne! ha ha ha, I had matt do the same with Kate's pics at that age. Your hair is adorable bytheway!

The Lunds said...

Too funny. I am sure my time will be spent on the computer when my kids are hopefully sleeping at the same time! Right now, when Hayden sleeps, I sleep! Cute Thomas costume. Hayden would have loved to see it. I love the pea pod too. She is such a doll. I would love to know how to photoshop out the acne and redness because all babies either have it or are way red. Let me know how you do it. I love your new do, very cute!

Jordan said...

These pictures are exceptionally good, Stacie. You've got a really handsome family.

I can't stand dressing up either. I would love if I never had to that again.

Jordan said...

These pictures are exceptionally good, Stacie. You've got a really handsome family.

I can't stand dressing up either. I would love if I never had to that again.

the fellers said...

haha...I promise I loved that post, and I have to admit...I am so jealous! HOW the FREAK did you get that dress out of Grandma? I want one! what cute kids you have, and I am SO glad that you have a clean computer chair....bahahah

Roz said...

What a beautiful dress. So cute. Congrats. And you look great!

Andrea said...

That dress is amazing! I love your haircut! It was fun seeing you the other day.

brooke said...

Okay...darling kids! Reese is so beautiful. We need to get together so I can see her in person. I hope things are going good with the whole two kid thing!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

I am in love with the blessing hat! I can totally relate with wanting to "eat" up your kids. I tell Jason I want to eat mine all the time!!

Anonymous said...

That dress is amazing, how beautiful!
Cute Halloween costumes, your kids are so cute.

Robin said...

Hi Stacie! So I feel ya about getting behind on blogging. We moved in and are getting internet set up and no internet! Ahh! BUt you guys look so cute! And about Edward...he does cute...but....I am a Jacob fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO hard feeling though, right?! hahaha

melissa said...

Awww stace, all those pics were incredible!! but all i wanted to mainly comment on, was your joke about your junior high picture....i saw this post yesterday and i kept thinking about it so much and laughing everytime i did i just had to come back and comment on it!! Classic...

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Stace- i am finally getting updated on blogs and i love love all of your amazing pics! She really is adorable!!! Man we have a lot in common these days. i wished we lived closer. oh and i'm having the same problem with avery and taking sleeping naked pics. we have tried twice and still no cigar!!! keep the pics coming!

oh and i love the hair

Karen Scoffield said...

I was wondering where the beautiful dress was from. How special. You need to frame it or put it in a shadow box or something!

I HATE dressing up too! Yeah!...lets have a no dress up halloween party sometime.

The Stringham's said...

OH MY GOSH Stacie-that blessing dress is A-MAZ-ZING!!! WOW your g-ma is AWESOME!!! I'm sure it was extra special for her to make since she has her namesake! :) That is so sweet! Yeah, they always get that Stupid Baby acne before the blessing day, don't they?! Hated that so much!! You look BEAUTIFUL Stac! Already have your body back, right on Girl! LOVE that Thomas the Train costume!! Wherever did you find that?? And Reese TOTALLY looks like her Momma-I think! Such a cutie!!

John and Erin said...

That is the cutest picture of her in her Blessing dress. She looks darling. I love your family pic too. You're a good looking family! Could you teach me how to photo shop acne since I'm twenty five and still covered in it. Love your hair!

Tracy Elder said...

hahaha. thats still the only part of the house that gets cleaned at my house and I only have one child. I remember going over to your house (apt) and it was always immaculate. I hated you for that.

Miss you! Reese is so cute! That outfit is too amazing! I absolutely LOVE IT! GO Gma Hazel!